Are you 19 years old or under and looking for birth control, condoms, or STD/STI testing?
Youth 19 and under (that’s you!) can receive confidential sexual and reproductive health care. The Richmond County Health Services offers services each day of the week; but, you need to call for an appointment. Don’t know how to make an appointment, keep reading.
How to make an appointment?
Here’s what you do. Call us at 910-997-8301. Be strong cause you are going to have to speak to another human on the phone! This is what you say:
Your name and why you are calling. (For example, I’m Apple Sunshine and I would like to be tested for an STD or I want to talk to someone about getting birth control.)
Questions that you may be asked:
- Phone number
- Can you receive mail?
- Do you want this to be confidential? This means we won’t share information with your parents or guardians.
- Do you work and can you bring in a check stub? It doesn’t mean you will have to pay for anything.
Make sure you confirm the date and time they give you and even put a reminder on your phone. It is your responsibility to remember when you need to be here.
What to expect at your appointment:
You may feel nervous visiting our provider for the first time. The more prepared you are beforehand, the more relaxed you’ll be on appointment day. Here’s what you can expect:
- Paperwork. Arrive about 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to complete the necessary paperwork. If you have any questions, just ask us. We like to help.
- When you’re in the exam room, the health care provider will ask you questions about your medical history. You will also have the opportunity to ask us questions about any testing or medication you need or want. Afraid you won’t remember what to ask? Bring some notes!
- Depending on the type of appointment, you may have a physical exam.
- After your visit, stop by the appointment window if you need to schedule any follow-ups.
- Condoms (Anyone can walk in and ask for them at the window, free of charge)
- Birth control pills
- Nexplanon implant
- Depo-Provera shots
- STD testing
- Pregnancy testing
- Prenatal care
- Emergency contraception