WIC Logo
What is WIC?

WIC, or the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children, is a nutrition program funded by the United States Department of Agriculture.
Who is WIC for?
Pregnant women
Breastfeeding women who have had a baby in the last 12 months
Women who have had a baby in the last 6 months
Children up to 5 years of age

WIC Offers:

Individualized nutrition counseling and group nutrition classes
Breastfeeding promotion and support
Referrals for health care and other services 
Nutritional foods including:
Soy-based beverage
Whole-grain Bread, Brown Rice, Whole-wheat and Soft-corn Tortillas
Fruits and Vegetables
Dried or Canned Beans, Peas and Lentils
Peanut Butter
Chunk-light Tuna or Salmon (for breastfeeding women only) 
Formulas and Nutritional Products 
Infant Cereal
Infant Fruits and Vegetables
Infant Meats (for fully breastfed infants only)

WIC Program Staff determines which foods and amounts that a participant receives based on individual needs.
Some WIC items may require a completed medical documentation form from your doctor. Talk with a WIC Nutritionist for more information.

Program Eligibility:

You Must:

Have a nutrional need based on:
Height and weight measurements
Health history
Diet history
Have a financial need
A family income less than 185% of the U.S. Poverty Income Guidelines, or
Receive Medicaid, Work First Families Assistance (TANF), or assistance from the Food Assistance Program (once referred to as Food Stamps).

Am I Eligible?

All kinds of families qualify for WIC. You may or may not be working. You may be a student. You may be single or married. You may live with your parents.

Use this WIC Prescreening Tool to help determine if you may be eligible for WIC benefits.

Applicants must be seen at the WIC Office to determine eligibility.

To Apply for the WIC Program:

Call the WIC office to make an appointment:

What will I need?

You must be able to provide proof of identification, residence (where you live), and household income.

Examples of what you will need to bring include:

Identification (only one is needed):

Valid driver's license/DMV ID card
WIC wallet
Social Security card
Current work/school ID
Current Medicaid card
Current military ID
Birth certificate
Hospital crib card (for infants only)
Immunization record (for infants and children only)
Insurance card/policy
Bill or paycheck in your name (less than or equal to 60 days old)
Voter registration card

Residence (only one is needed):

Current Medicaid card
Valid driver's license/DMV ID card
Recent utility bill (less than or equal to 60 days old)
Bank statement
Correspondence from WIC, Division of Social Services, Grad School, or University (less than or equal to 60 days old)
Current rental or mortgage receipt

Income (only one is needed):

Recent paycheck stubs (less than or equal to 30 days old)
Letter from employer stating gross income and frequency of pay
W-2 Forms
Recent tax return (for the self-employed)
Copy of child support check
Foster child placement/award letter
Current Medicaid card
Work First eligibility letter
Food Assistance Program (Food Stamps) notice of eligibility or letter of certification
Unemployment letter/notice

What Happens at a WIC Visit?

You will be asked questions about your health and your diet.
Height, weight and a blood test for iron deficiency will be done unless you bring this information from another clinic or doctor's office (measures must be taken within 60 days of your WIC appointment).
Use this form to take to your doctor to document your or your child's height and weight measures or blood tests during your doctor's visit.
WIC Referral Form
A nutritionist will review the above information to see if you are eligible for WIC.
Any nutrition problems or questions you have will be discussed.
Your income information will be reviewed.
If eligible, you will be given "vouchers" to take to the store to get your food.

To Learn More:

Go to:


Program Operation
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:
http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email: program.intake@usda.gov

This institution is an equal opportunity provider. 

Aviso de No Discriminación

De conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos Civiles y los reglamentos y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los EE. UU. (USDA, por sus siglas en inglés), se prohíbe que el USDA, sus agencias, oficinas, empleados e instituciones que participan o administran programas del USDA discriminen sobre la base de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o en represalia o venganza por actividades previas de derechos civiles en algún programa o actividad realizados o financiados por el USDA.
Las personas con discapacidades que necesiten medios alternativos para la comunicación de la información del programa (por ejemplo, sistema Braille, letras grandes, cintas de audio, lenguaje de señas americano, etc.), deben ponerse en contacto con la agencia (estatal o local) en la que solicitaron los beneficios. Las personas sordas, con dificultades de audición o discapacidades del habla pueden comunicarse con el USDA por medio del Federal Relay Service [Servicio Federal de Retransmisión] al (800) 877-8339. Además, la información del programa se puede proporcionar en otros idiomas.
Para presentar una denuncia de discriminación, complete el Formulario de Denuncia de Discriminación del Programa del USDA (AD-3027) que está disponible en línea en y en cualquier oficina del USDA, o bien escriba una carta dirigida al USDA e incluya en la carta toda la información solicitada en el formulario. Para solicitar una copia del formulario de denuncia, llame al (866) 632-9992. Haga llegar su formulario lleno o carta al USDA por:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
Correo electrónico: program.intake@usda.gov

Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.