E-Plan is the nation's largest database of chemical and facility hazards data, with almost 400,000 facilities and over 24,000 unique chemicals, and is easy for first responders and state and federal users to use.
E-Plan is a proven system that provides first responders and others with on-site hazardous chemical information for facilities around the United States. It uses emergency contact and hazardous material information submitted under the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and sends it via the Internet to first responders when they need it most.
E-Plan provides Tier II reporting data and other important information instantly such as:
1. Maps of the area surrounding a fixed facility showing schools and hospitals
2. Maps of all facilities with a specified hazardous material in specific area
3. Chemical Hazards Response Information System (CHRIS) data
4. Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
5. Chemical profiles
6. Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) pages
7. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes
8. Facility Risk Management Plans (RMPs)
In North Carolina and Richmond County, E-Plan is the only option for filing Tier II data as required by EPCRA law. Please call 910-997-8238 if you have any questions regarding the requirements for Richmond County.